Brussels to the Sprouts!
Brussels Sprouts are hearty and delicious. They are great alone, or paired with any meal. These little green balls help to protect your precious DNA and contain anti-cancer fighting properties. They also provide us with a good dose of fiber, folic acid, vitamin A and vitamin C, which is always a bonus during this time of year. Here is one of my favorite, quick and easy recipes for you to enjoy:
3 cups Brussels Sprouts
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons dijon mustard
4 cloves garlic
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
2. Trim ends of the Brussels Sprouts, cut them in half and remove any of the outer leaves that are browning. Add to strainer and rinse.
2. Slice (the long way) shallot and garlic cloves.
3. Combine Brussels Sprouts, shallots, garlic, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard and juice of 1 lemon to a large mixing bowl. Add salt & pepper to taste. Toss together with hands.
4. Transfer all to a baking dish and place in oven. Bake on 400 degrees fahrenheit for 30-40 minutes while stirring occasionally (I like mine a bit crispy).
5. Remove from heat ~ sprinkle with a tiny more salt, pepper or lemon juice and enjoy!