With the 2014 FIFA World Cup in full swing and Independence Day just around the corner, the USA has a lot to celebrate! Why not whip up this healthy and deliciousCrunchy Cauliflower Salad and bring it to your next soccer viewing party or to your 4th of July BBQ!?
It's "veasy" (vegan and easy) and people will feel good after they try just one bite. Why will they feel good you ask? Well, it tastes great...but also because cauliflower is a member of the cruciferous family (I love that family!) and contains a wide variety of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and other phytochemicals that positively affect our health.
My pal (and guest blogger) Lauren Dutton-Breen shows me how to whip this yummy salad up in no time at all! Read on...
1 head of cauliflower
5 scallions (chopped)
1/2 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
1/2 cup fresh mint (chopped)
1/2 cup toasted sesame seeds
the juice of 2 lemons
1/2 cup olive oil
salt to taste
1. Rinse and dice cauliflower.
2. Pulse cauliflower in a food processor (in batches) for about 10 seconds ~ or until it becomes fine.
3. Take sesame seeds and dry toast them in a sauté pan until lightly browned.
4. Place pulsed cauliflower in a large bowl. Toss in parsley, mint, scallions and sesame seeds.
5. In a separate bowl, make dressing with lemon, olive oil and salt.
6. Pour dressing over cauliflower creation, mix together and enjoy!
Now go make this salad and say, "Cheers to the USA, cauliflower and healthy living!"