This easy, grab and go breakfast is just the thing to get you out of bed and into a productive Monday morning. We are working with pretty much two ingredients here people: eggs and vegetables ~ which makes this the healthiest muffin out there! Loaded with protein, this breakfast muffin will keep you fueled and feeling full longer ~ changing the way you look at a breakfast muffin. I did not come up with this recipe by any means. I got the idea from Pete, chef and owner of Pete's Paleo. This super sweet and super knowledgeable dude told me about these little gems and they are a life saver for early mornings or when you need something healthy to save your belly. Store them in the fridge and reheat throughout the week or serve the whole batch for your pals over a brunch. Best part is that you can change up the veggies (or add meat) so that you never get bored. I even add hot sauce to mine when I am feeling super wild. Enjoy! Ingredients (makes 10 muffins): - 10 eggs - 1 handful finely chopped kale - 1 cup green pepper (diced) - 1 cup yellow onion (diced) - 1/2 teaspoon salt - 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper - 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease muffin pan with coconut oil or add muffin cups for an even easier clean up.
- Crack 10 eggs into a bowl that pours well and whisk.
- Wash and dice your veggies and add to egg mixture. Mix together nicely.
- Evenly pour the egg mixture into your muffin tin/cups.
- Bake in oven for about 15-20 minutes (just so that they are cooked throughout the middle).
- Remove from oven. Let cool. Enjoy again and again (if stored properly, these bad boys will last about a week in the fridge).