Game on! Pizza party!
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 3 garlic gloves: minced
- 1 whole yellow onion: diced
- 5 carrots: peeled and chopped
- 1 red pepper: diced
- fresh herbs ~ basil, parsley & oregano
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 3/4 pound of fresh tomatoes OR (what I do...shhh) one 28 oz. can of organic whole tomatoes
- splash of red wine
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil and add garlic and onion.
- Add carrots, red pepper, fresh herbs, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Saute on low heat for ten minutes.
- Now add your tomatoes and a splash of red wine. Let simmer for another 10 minutes or so.
- Put creation in blender on high until smooth. (Be careful not to burn yourself ~ I suggest adding a cloth to the top of blender lid and hold on tight to avoid splashing.)
- Pour fresh sauce back into saucepan.
- Set aside.
Crust: (Gluten crust is generally chewy. To make it crispy, I suggest making it thin to properly enjoy!)
- 1 tablespoon dry yeast
- 2/3 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 2 tablespoons powdered milk
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2/3 cup hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Blend all ingredients on low speed using regular beaters (not hands). Turn up to high speed for three minutes. In a bowl using, regular beaters (not dough hooks), blend all ingredients on low speed. If mixer bounces around bowl, dough is too stiff. Add water if necessary, one tablespoon at a time, until dough does not resist beaters. Dough will resemble soft bread dough.
- Place mixture on lightly greased 12-inch pizza pan.
- Liberally sprinkle rice flour on dough, then press dough into pan, continuing to sprinkle with flour to prevent sticking to hands.Make edges slightly thicker to hold toppings.
- Bake pizza crust for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Now its time to spread pizza crust with your favorite tomato sauce (or homemade pesto) and toppings.
- Bake another 20 to 25 minutes or until top is nicely browned.