Karl's Grapefruit Cocktail
Working as a bartender at one of Los Angeles’s best fine-dining restaurants, and one of my all time favorite foodie hangouts, Hatfields, is no joke. You got to be on your game while mixing seasonal cocktails, flipping glasses and socializing with Hollywood’s elite. Luckily for us, Karl, who has one of the best-manicured mustaches around town, shares with us (and now you), one of his unique and refreshing signature cocktails, perfect for summer. Inspired by the organic produce of Los Angeles’s farmer’s markets, Karl combines his years of experience with a creative edge to create one of the best and freshest mixed drinks I’ve ever had…. and not to sound like a lush, but I love myself a refreshing cocktail on a warm weekend! Is the anticipation too much to handle? Get ready to get spicy!!
½ of a fresh squeezed lime
1 oz. fresh squeezed grapefruit juice
½ oz. organic Agave
A slice of jalepeno
2 oz. reposado tequila
Shake it with ice and pour it into a rocks glass with a lime-zested sea salt rim. It taste so good, it can be deceiving, so drink slowly and enjoy! Cheers!!
If you're not tempted quite yet, let me remind you of the many health benefits of grapefruit:
1. Grapefruit is great for increasing your body's metabolism due to high fat burning enzymes, as well as a high water and low sodium content.
2. Grapefruit helps treat the common cold and help fights against infections.
3. As grapefruit contains a dietary fiber called pectin, it promotes better digestion, as well as healthy and smooth skin.
4. The salicylic acid in grapefruit works as a powerful antiseptic. To treat bacterial and fungal infections, try making your own antiseptic spray by simply adding grapefruit seed extract to water.
5. There are many other benefits from grapefruit because it contains essential elements such as iron, calcium, potassium, manganese, magnesium, phosphorus, folic acid, and B vitamins.