Summer Coconut Parfait
One of my favorite humans on this planet has been testing out some delish summer desserts. Check out what our guest blogger, Lauren Dutton-Breen, has for us this time around...
Here's a super easy, incredibly versatile, summer dessert recipe that's good for you! It takes a little time but it's completely hands off!
Ingredients for the parfait:
- 2 cans of coconut milk (one light, one regular!)
- 2 teaspoons agar
- 4 ounces raw honey
- pinch of salt
1. Pour coconut milks, agar, honey, and salt into a small saucepan and stir over medium heat.
2. Stirring the whole time, bring to a boil, stir about a minute and turn off the heat.
3.Continue to stirring another couple of minutes until you can agar is fully dissolved.
4. Pour evenly into 6 glasses, ramekins, whatever you have really...allow it to cool to room temp, then cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
*You could add half a fresh vanilla bean to this, or a pinch of cardamom, or whatever you like! Make it yours!
Ingredients for the top:
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup toasted sesame seeds
1. Pour fresh fruit and honey into a bowl and macerate.
2. Refrigerate (covered) for at least 2 hours.
3. Toast coconut and sesame separately. Set aside.
*Make this your own too! Use any fruits/nuts/seeds that make you happy!
Spoon about a tablespoon of fruit directly on top of coconut parfait and then sprinkle with sesame seeds and coconut and serve! It's like eating little coconut honey clouds!