The Search For The Perfect (Gluten Free) Chocolate Chip Cookie!
Life is all about balance, and sometimes you just need something to satisfy that sweet tooth! My pal (and VB guest blogger), Ms. Lauren Dutton-Breen, shares with us her recipe for a sweet treat...just in time to bring with you on your 4th Of July picnic! Cookies for all! Check it out:
I've spent a lifetime trying to perfect the chocolate chip cookie. Too many recipes produce a cake-like cookie, and if I wanted cake-like I would bake a cake! If you are into crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside, this cookie is for you...
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 sticks of butter
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp hot water
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups GF flour (Arrowhead Mills or King Arthur)
- 2 cups of chocolate chunks (we used Green and Black's Milk Chocolate Toffee bars and Salazon Chocolate Co.'s Salted/Organic/Dark bars)
- large sea salt flakes for sprinkling
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream butter and sugars together, beat in egg, and vanilla.
3. Dissolve baking soda in hot water and add to the sugar mix. Add salt.
4. Stir in GF flour then stir in chocolate chunks.
5. Scoop large spoonfuls of batter onto an ungreased baking sheet and sprinkle tops with sea salt flakes.
6. Bake for ten minutes and allow to cool on sheet for about two minutes before transferring to wire cooling rack.