Wakame with Greens
Besides being super tasty, sea vegetables are jam packed with vitamins, minerals and nutrients to keep your body healthy and strong. Sea vegetables detoxify your blood, reduce inflammation, help the thyroid to function properly and have been proven to reduce the risk of cancer, heart disease and hypertension. Here is a quick and easy salad recipe to help incorporate some sea veggies into your diet...
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Yields: 2-4 servings
1/2 cup wakame, soaked and chopped
1 bunch leafy green vegetables (collard, kale, or mustard greens)
Juice of 1/2 lemon
2 tablespoons of gomasio or toasted sesame seeds
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 carrot (shredded)
1/2 avocado (diced)
dash of salt
1. Wash, soak and chop wakame into small pieces.
2. Wash and chop greens into bite size pieces.
3. Cook wakame in a small amount of water until it becomes tender, about 5 minutes.
4. In a skillet, heat oil, add greens and sauté for 5-7 minutes.
5. Add wakame and a dash of salt to sauté and cook 3-5 more minutes.
6. Put greens, wakame, carrots and avocado in a bowl and toss together.
7. Sprinkle with gomasio and lemon juice and serve.